5 September 2018 - Our new Waikato Campus at Tristram St, Hamilton is progressing, with the concrete block laid this week and exterior walls have now gone up. The scheduled completion date is December 2018, with classes commencing in January 2019.
A local Kaumatua did a blessing of the site this morning.
The campus is being designed to ensure teaching environments are conducive to learning. So the rooms are sized and configured to best meet tutor, staff and student needs. Features will include:
- Student café/restaurant/bar classroom spaces designed such that they could be opened up for internal events/functions
- Purpose-built facilities for programmes including barista class, retail class, floristry and pharmacy labs, in addition to nine traditional classroom spaces
- Futureproofing of a mezzanine floor that could be occupied as student numbers grow (including space earmarked for stairs and lift)
- Internal lightwell to bring natural light into the centre of the building
- The site is in the proximity of public transport options and bicycle parking has been provided to encourage alternate means of transport to site.