Study Hospitality at NZMA
Want to learn how to make awesome cocktails and café-style coffees? Love talking to people? Do you dream of doing a job that’s actually FUN? Well it’s time to turn that dream into reality! Study Level 3 Hospitality at NZMA and in just 20 weeks you’ll be on your way to all this and more.
We’ll teach you the skills you need to land a great job in the hospitality industry. You’ll study in a real bar, gain work experience in a real cafe, get lots of support and encouragement from your tutors, and graduate with a nationally recognised qualification.
What Will I Learn?
Want a taste of what’s in store for you? Here are just a few of the awesome topics we cover in Level 3:
- Bar and beverage service - from pouring wine to mixing cocktails we’ll teach you everything you need to know to become the ultimate bartender.
- Restaurant service - ever wondered what ‘silver service’ means? We’ll teach you how to impress customers at even the fanciest restaurants, and how to earn those big tips!
- Customer service - if you want to be at the top of your game in hospitality, keeping your customers happy is a top priority! We’ll teach you how to do it.
- Café and barista service - think lattes, flat whites, cappuccinos. We’ll teach you how to make them, and even decorate them. It’s hospitality and art all rolled into one!
- Cashiering - good with money? Well if you’re not now, you soon will be. We’ll teach you all about handling money and transactions, and give you some real life experience working as a cashier at
What Qualifications Will I Gain?
- New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality (Strands in Café, Bar, Barista and Restaurant) (Level 3)
- NZMA Certificate in Food Safety
- NCEA Level 1
- NCEA Level 2
At NZMA we’ll get you work ready in just 20 weeks, and we even have a Careers team to help hook you up with all the best hospitality employers. The hospitality industry is crying out for skilled workers. Fill in the form on this page today and our friendly team will be in touch to answer all your questions.