This programme will provide basic knowledge in the field of health and equip students with academic skills that will enhance further study and/or career pathways in the context of health.
What will I learn?
- Study and career skills – Designed to enrich learners with the knowledge and skills for their academic and career development. The focus of this component will be on personal management, academic skill building, thinking practice and future planning
- Health and wellbeing – Provides learners with an overview and introduction to the main concepts of human health and wellbeing. Learners will investigate the socio-economic, cultural, and environmental factors that influence New Zealand society’s health
- Human body and development – Provides learners with an understanding of human anatomy and physiology, stages of human development theories and apply knowledge through research and academic writing skills
- Health professionals – Learners will explore broadly the main issues, provision and structure of healthcare systems in New Zealand. Develop an understanding of the importance and relevance of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi/Te Tiriti o Waitangi and the legal and ethical responsibilities affecting healthcare professionals
What qualifications will I come away with?
- New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3)